Thursday, January 27, 2011

Questioning the Media, ch. 4

1.  When I first started listening to the radio I was no older than 9.  My babysitter who I had for about nine plus years drove us to school everyday and we listened to 99X, the frequency was 99.7 because it was her favorite station.  I remember that listening to that station for years and to date that is still my favorite radio station.  I heard several morning shows come and go through that station and was dissapointed every single time it happened.  I have even heard 99X leave the air and come back on 97.9 as "99X on 97.9." I do not remember any specific song that I absolutely loved but that radio station introduced me to my favorite type of music.  It was not a top 40 station but an alternative rock station and that is my favorite type of music because I listened to it so much as a kid.

3.  If I owned and managed a commercial radio station I would have my radio station run in a similar format to my favorite radio station at home.  In the mornings I would have a talk show covering all types of things including sports news and pop culture.  In the afternoons and evenings I would play music.  Most of my commercials would player during rush hour, in the morning and afternoon.  I would play an blend of most types of music in order to be unique and not just a Top 40 station.  I would play alternative rock, rock, rap, and techno.  I would format my station this way because from listening to several types of stations this was my favorite type of format.

No comments:

Post a Comment