Thursday, February 10, 2011

Questioning the Media, ch. 5

1. Describe your earliest memories of watching television.  What was your favorite show? Which, if any, shows did your family watch together? Were there shows that you were not allowed to watch? Which ones and why?

My earliest memory is of watching Pokemon.  Everyday after school I would come home and watch the recorded episode of Pokemon.  My babysitter was good with electronics and would always record the episodes for me on the VCR player.  She would always try to teach me how to do it but I had no clue how.  I had tapes and tapes full of episodes.  I remember on a vacation up to oVirginia my mom put a T.V. in the car and we bought new episodes to watch on the way up, I was so excited that I watched one the night before...and then again on the ride up.  Although my family and I would always watch Jepordy together.  There is only one show I remember not being allowed to watch and that is Rugrats, I watched it anyways but my mom did not want me to.  She said they were bad influences because they misbehaved and she did not want me to do that.

2.  How much television do you watch today? Which programs do you try to watch regularly? What attracts you to your favorite programs?

I do not have an exact scientific answer for how much TV I watch but I know it is not much.  I have actually started watching more TV in college than I did in high school, which is still very little.  about 90% of the TV I watch is some kind of sport related topic.  I want to make my profession in broadcasting sports and possibly my own TV show, so not only do I get to watch sports but I get to see how the broadcasters act and talk to try and pick up some tips.  I watch a lot of games but I also watch just about anything on ESPN or NFL network.  Although my favorite show is Adventure Time with Finn and Jake, as some can tell from the jacket I wear everywhere.  Yes it is a kids show on cartoon network but it is actually really funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment