Thursday, January 27, 2011

Questioning the Media, ch. 3

Q 1. I first favorite singer was actually a rapper, Eminem. I was nine when I first heard the song on the Grammies' winner album.  I clearly did not understand all of the lyrics but I remember thinking it was very catchy.  I did understand some of the lyrics but it just occured to me as funny, nothing obscene.  It was my first exposure to rap and I really liked it.  I liked the beats and the catchiness to it.  The lyrics did not mean much to me until I got older but as I got older I understood them more and depending on the song I could relate. As I gew up I continued to listen to Eminem and he is still my favorite rapper. 

Q 2. When I read this question I thought it was funny because I am apart of a noncommercial campus radio station.  I do not exactly have a plethora of songs to select from but I like to play a combination of songs that are popular but also some not-as-popular songs. By not-as-popular I mean songs that do not get as much air-time as big time artists get because you never know when someone listening might be able to help.  Also I like to play a few songs that I personally like with the hope that I might get a call saying play more music like that and introduce someone into a new type of music they might like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment